1. Where did you get your ideas from? What influenced you?
My ideas for this project originated from my funny childhood stories and memories. The story was that there was a boy being picked on ,and bullied until one day the boy cracked and got his own back on the bully. The reason this influenced me to do a animation of it is because of the irony of the story that the bully finally felt what it feels to be the victim.
2. How did your idea develop and why did they change?
My stop motion idea changed from images that included human acts to images using created characters made from play dough. The reason this action was carried out was because the original idea was too similar to a video.
3. What do you think of the overall design? What changes would you make?
My idea of the designs are quite childish since I based these particular character designs off the art styles in the movie Monsters INC. I find that, because of this it gives it a more humorous also childish feel to the animation, plus the audience would not take it as seriously. The changes I would impose would be making the frame rate smoother and including more stop motion images of the two main characters at the beginning of the animation.
4. Are you happy with the materials you chose? Would you make adjustments next time?
I am satisfied with the materials that have been used in the construction of this animation. My adjustments would include giving the animation a 3D background to make it appear more professional.
5. Is the colour scheme exactly what you expected? What alterations would you make?
The colour is exactly how I expected it to be. It was bright, colourful and something that would stick out to the viewer. Concerning the alterations, I would make some scenes and slides brighter, as well as making the images less blurry/ pixelated.
6. Did the project take too long to make? How would you have used the time more efficiently?
The project took a week to complete, which for me was more than enough time to finish the animation. If I had more time I would have spent it on the details of the individual characters, making them more realistic and professional. This would be achieved by the use more tones of the colours.
7. Is your solution fit for purpose ? Would you change it?
I believe that make solution is indeed fit for purpose. I would not need to change the solution for I have covered all the problems I have faced in my project.
8. Are the techniques you used to make your solution adequate or would you use a different range of manufacturing techniques
I think that the many techniques that I used are adequate such as the close ups, and the change of colours. However, certain aspects could be improved upon such as the images details/ blurriness.
9. What are the views of other people regarding your design
The feedback regarding my animation was mostly positive such as (student comment)”I loved it, it made me laugh” and (adult comment) “very amusing yet I don’t see the reasoning behind it”. The reason that I prefer the adult comment to the student’s one is because it gave me pointers and ways of improving my work.
10. Does it work? What changes are required?
The animation is fully functional ,and therefore no changes are required.
This are both my Alphabet Animation and Hope Animation: